‘Light the Night’ with OHSU Doernbecher’s Dr. Linda Stork

Team OHSU/Doernbecher

I’ll be walking “Light the Night” this year, as I do every year, alongside hundreds of folks propelled by memories, hope and courage.

Some of us walk as cancer survivors; others walk to honor loved ones. As a childhood cancer specialist, I walk to celebrate the lives of my patients — many alive, some dead  – who have taught me profound lessons of life.

Light the Night is a fundraising event of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, whose purpose is to support vital research and patient services to bring an end to cancer.

For those of us at OHSU and Doernbecher, Light the Night has special significance: it was with the help of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society that Brian Druker, M.D., director of the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute, revolutionized the treatment of leukemia.

As an expression of deep gratitude, Joe Robertson, M.D., M.B.A., president of OHSU, is the corporate walk chair for this year’s Oct. 19 event.

With lighted balloons in hand, we will walk across the Willamette River as a collective spirit, energized by the hope that cancers like leukemia and lymphoma will someday disappear.

I invite you to join Team OHSU/Doernbecher for Light the Night.

Linda C. Stork, M.D.
Head, Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital

Tamara Hargens-Bradley is Associate Director of Media Relations for Oregon Health & Science University, OHSU Doernbecher Children's Hospital. She is the editor of the Healthy Families blog.
Doernbecher Children's Hospital

Doernbecher Children’s Hospital

wordpress stats plugin