As discussed before on this blog, young workers between the ages of 14 and 24 are hurt on the job at twice the rate as older employees. Over a 10-year period, an estimated 7.9 million young workers were treated at emergency rooms for nonfatal injuries. Why is this? Perhaps in large part because young workers have limited job experience, or because they engage in unsafe or risky behaviors more often than older workers. Many workplace … Read More
- Protecting our wildland firefighters
- Oregon Building Trades Council is 75!
- OR-FACE 2013 Annual Report is out
- Dede Montgomery on Can you hear me?
- Wes Carter on VA changes policy on Agent Orange-exposed AF Reserve veterans.
- Catherine on Can you hear me?
- Todd Peterson on National safety stand down event coming to Portland
- Sota Dental on VA changes policy on Agent Orange-exposed AF Reserve veterans.
Book drive circadian system corrections driving safety FACE formaldehyde GHS GOSH green chemistry hair hair smoothing products health fair health promotion hearing industrial hygiene Interns Let's Get Healthy! mold nail salons neurobehavioral noise occupational health psychology older workers Oregon Healthy WorkForce Center O[yes] research safety salons seminar seminars Sleep summer interns Sun Exposure Sun Prevention TIC Total Worker Health toxiology information center Training transportation video contest wellness workplace fatality young worker Young Workers young worker safety