The lead story in Sunday’s (April 1, 2012) Oregonian is on PTSD rates in Oregon Corrections Workers, citing 1 in 3 corrections workers have symptoms of PTSD and that 97% have reported witnessing violence, injury or death. This is based on survey research conducted by Desert Waters Correctional Outreach, a nonprofit. To read the article, click or enter: http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2012/03/twin_projects_to_plug_research.html Survey research on work conditions that may affect the health of corrections workers will be conducted … Read More
- NIOSH Center Director’s Meeting Foretells Changes
- SAIF agricultural safety seminars
- Talking about genomics
- Maggie McLain McDonnell on Do you work too much?
- Joseph Boquiren on On the Road Again for the Holidays?
- Laura on Aging and Longer Working Careers
- Hasawa on Infection Control & Staying Healthy
- Chris Gates on Aging and Longer Working Careers
Follow OHSUOccHealth on twitter
Book drive circadian system corrections driving safety formaldehyde GHS GOSH green chemistry hair hair smoothing products health and safety training health fair health promotion hearing industrial hygiene Let's Get Healthy! mold nail salons neurobehavioral noise occupational health psychology older workers Oregon Healthy WorkForce Center ORhwc O[yes] research safety salons seminar seminars Sleep summer interns Sun Exposure Sun Prevention TIC Total Worker Health toxiology information center Training transportation video contest wellness workplace fatality young worker Young Workers young worker safety