NIOSH, OSHA, and California Department of Public Health – all have issued recent alerts on the hazards of using strippers containing methylene chloride when refinishing bathtubs. And yet, just a few weeks ago, another person – this time an Oregonian – died refinishing a bathtub while removing two layers of bathtub coating with the use of Aircraft Stripper. Most chemical strippers, including this one, contain methylene chloride. If you are a chemist, you know … Read More
- Summer is the season for pesticide use
- Come attend our Summer Institute!
- Welcome 2016 summer interns!
- Jen on Distraction, stairs and a fall
- Rodger on Distraction, stairs and a fall
- bermanf on Arsenic and cadmium air pollution found in SE and North PDX
- Ray Kinney on Arsenic and cadmium air pollution found in SE and North PDX
- Dede Montgomery on Role of the safety professional in a changing work environment
Book drive circadian system corrections driving safety Emergencies FACE formaldehyde GHS GOSH green chemistry hair hair smoothing products health fair health promotion hearing industrial hygiene Interns Let's Get Healthy! mold nail salons neurobehavioral noise occupational health psychology older workers Oregon Healthy WorkForce Center O[yes] research safety salons seminar Sleep summer interns Sun Exposure Sun Prevention TIC Total Worker Health toxiology information center Training transportation video contest wellness workplace fatality young worker Young Workers young worker safety