NIOSH, OSHA, and California Department of Public Health – all have issued recent alerts on the hazards of using strippers containing methylene chloride when refinishing bathtubs. And yet, just a few weeks ago, another person – this time an Oregonian – died refinishing a bathtub while removing two layers of bathtub coating with the use of Aircraft Stripper. Most chemical strippers, including this one, contain methylene chloride. If you are a chemist, you know … Read More
- The Institute Announces Release of its 2012-13 Biennial Report
- NIOSH, OSHA and Temporary Workers
- Research Interns Supporting Health, Safety and Wellness
- Hasawa on Training Young Workers: How-To’s for Employers
- Ly on Training Young Workers: How-To’s for Employers
- Aodh MacGregor on Why Use Sunscreen When it is Cloudy?
- Hasawa on Get Moving!
- Dede Montgomery on Get Moving!
Follow OHSUOccHealth on twitter
Book drive circadian system corrections driving safety formaldehyde GHS GOSH green chemistry hair hair smoothing products health and safety training health fair health promotion hearing industrial hygiene Let's Get Healthy! mold nail salons neurobehavioral noise occupational health psychology older workers Oregon Healthy WorkForce Center ORhwc O[yes] research safety salons seminar seminars Sleep summer interns Sun Exposure Sun Prevention TIC Total Worker Health toxiology information center Training transportation video contest wellness workplace fatality young worker Young Workers young worker safety