Falls from height continue to be the most common cause of construction worker fatality. This is especially true in residential construction. In the latest Center for Construction Research and Training (CPWR) update, they announced the online inventory of fall protection equipment. The Fall Protection Resource for New Home Construction website was developed by faculty members at Washington University in St. Louis and supported by CPWR through a NIOSH cooperative agreement. It is a catalogue of fall preventions devices utilized in residential construction and contains links to equipment manufacturer/distributor websites. A snapshot of the 1st page of the website is shown here. The page can be searched by the type of fall protection desired or by the phase of construction applicable to the device.
- Worker Memorial Day 2017
- National Safety Stand-Down May 8-12, 2017
- What are you doing for Safety Break?
- Chuck Easterly on Catching up with the times: Resource Directory updated
- cynthia on Oregon educators commit to health and well-being
- Heidi Hudson on It’s official: Alliance on Total Worker Health®
- advertising on NOHC short course focuses on sleep and shiftwork
- Barb Epstien on Diversity and inclusion meets safety and well-being
Book drive corrections Emergencies FACE formaldehyde GHS GOSH green chemistry hair hair smoothing products health fair health promotion hearing Homecare industrial hygiene Interns internships Let's Get Healthy! mold nail salons neurobehavioral noise occupational health psychology older workers OR-FACE Oregon Healthy WorkForce Center O[yes] research safety salons seminar Sleep summer interns Sun Exposure Sun Prevention Temporary Workers TIC Total Worker Health Training transportation wellness workplace fatality young worker Young Workers young worker safety