June brings us many new faces in the form of sharp and energetic college students. This summer is no exception, and we are pleased to greet our 14 summer interns who will be supporting Occupational Health Sciences and Oregon Healthy Workforce Center research.
All of the students selected for these paid internships are either Oregon residents or attend Oregon schools. Students will spend three months working alongside researchers and faculty on basic and applied research projects, sharing their own research findings in poster presentations later in August.
Congratulations to the following students who have been selected as our 2014 Summer Interns:
- Aviva Browning – Lewis & Clark College, Portland, OR – Anger Lab
- Jami Cheng – Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD – Rohlman Lab
- Devin Christiansen – Portland State University, Portland, OR – Anger Lab
- Leanne Hicks – Portland State University, Portland, OR – Hammer Lab
- Colleen Hunter – Pacific Univ. Oregon, Forest Grove, OR – Olson Lab
- Michael Jacobson – Reed College, Portland, OR – Butler Lab
- Krista Leonard – Willamette University, Salem, OR – Rohlman Lab
- Hilary Nichols – Western Washington Univ., Bellingham, WA – McCullough Lab
- Tiffany Nguyen – Yale University, New Haven, CT – Rohlman Lab
- Silvia Plascencia – Univ. of Portland, Portland, OR – Kretzschmar Lab
- Grace Recht – Ohio Wesleyan University, Delaware, OH Kuehl Lab
- Ryan Stadnik – Univ. of Colorado Boulder, Boulder, CO – Spencer Lab
- Madison Trowbridge – Linfield College, McMinnville, OR – Shea Lab
- Jeana Yee – Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD – Olson Lab
Thank you to all of the students who submitted applications this year. Learn more about our Summer Intern Program.