Critical to workforce health is the safe and healthy work and home practices of the nation’s youth. An innovative program developed by the Oregon Healthy WorkForce Center, a NIOSH Center of Excellence, offers both safety and health training as well as healthful lifestyle information to summer workers in Portland (Oregon) Parks and Recreation pools that is subsequently reinforced by messaging on social media sites such as Facebook and Pintrest. Depicted are focus group and study presentation meetings in Portland the summer of 2012. Over 400 summer workers at several Portland pools participated in the training and messaging pilot study conducted by Dr. Diane Rohlman, project PI.
- Summer is the season for pesticide use
- Come attend our Summer Institute!
- Welcome 2016 summer interns!
- Jen on Distraction, stairs and a fall
- Rodger on Distraction, stairs and a fall
- bermanf on Arsenic and cadmium air pollution found in SE and North PDX
- Ray Kinney on Arsenic and cadmium air pollution found in SE and North PDX
- Dede Montgomery on Role of the safety professional in a changing work environment
Book drive circadian system corrections driving safety Emergencies FACE formaldehyde GHS GOSH green chemistry hair hair smoothing products health fair health promotion hearing industrial hygiene Interns Let's Get Healthy! mold nail salons neurobehavioral noise occupational health psychology older workers Oregon Healthy WorkForce Center O[yes] research safety salons seminar Sleep summer interns Sun Exposure Sun Prevention TIC Total Worker Health toxiology information center Training transportation video contest wellness workplace fatality young worker Young Workers young worker safety