Sarcoma patients and their families are invited to participate in an interactive panel discussion and have their questions answered by OHSU physicians and surgeons who focus on the cancer, which is rare in adults but accounts for about 20 of all childhood cancers.
The Sarcoma Patient Education Conference is free and will feature updates on research, treatment, and resources available to patients and caregivers. It’s being held in partnership with the Sarcoma Foundation of America and Northwest Sarcoma Foundation.
The event runs from 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 7, in CLSB lecture hall 2S060. Online pre-registration closes October 6.
- Lara Davis, M.D., medical oncology and pediatric hematology/oncology
- Arthur Hung, M.D., radiation medicine
- Kenneth Gundle, M.D., orthopedic surgery
- Skye Mayo, M.D., M.P.H., surgical oncology
- Susan Lindemulder, M.D., pediatric hematology/oncology/bone marrow transplant
Images: Sarcoma Foundation of America’s children’s artwork contest