After more than a decade of research, an OHSU team of vaccine and gene therapy experts has developed an AIDS vaccine candidate that appears to completely clear HIV from the body. This breakthrough, led by Louis Picker, M.D., could overcome the biggest obstacles to developing an effective vaccine for HIV, the virus that causes AIDS in humans. How does it work? The vaccine uses a unique method to better equip the body’s immune system to … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.Read more
- Ask the Health Expert: When are statins effective?
- Eight-year-old pneumonia patient recovers close to home thanks to telemedicine
- Celebrating doctors everywhere
- Enjoy the taste of eating right
- Reflections on Match Day
- Rhiannon on Improving your health, one bite at a time
- Deepak on 3 simple swaps to promote heart health
- Jessica Columbo on Are you prepared to save a life?
- Peggy on Are you prepared to save a life?
- Jessica Columbo on Love yourself. Love your heart.