You ask. OHSU health experts answer. This month, our cardiology and pediatric specialists are on the hot seat. Q. Can cancer treatments damage my heart? A. While cancer treatments including radiation and chemotherapy may help fight the disease, they may have negative side effects on your heart. Although this is rare, treatment can weaken your heart muscle or affect your heart’s ability to pump blood. Before you begin a cancer treatment that might affect the … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.
- Collaboration gives distant patients access to specialized cancer treatment
- Advice for Billy
- Ask an expert, see a photo tribute, raise awareness at ‘War on Skin Cancer’ event
- OHSU announces NCAA basketball team
- This so-called adult life: Managing ACHD
- Paul on OHSU announces NCAA basketball team
- Nicole on Who’s the snow boss?
- dana braner on Who’s the snow boss?
- Nancy D. Christie on Giving the gift of human experience
- Tim Herrick on Small town collaborations, big health dividends