As federal budgets tighten, scientists are finding creative new ways to advocate for research funding. Earlier this year, National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins asked researchers to tweet about how sequestration was impacting their laboratories using the hashtag #NIHSequesterImpact. In July, the Association of American Medical Colleges launched its Research Means Hope campaign, which leverages the social media site Tumblr to raise public awareness about important health discoveries funded by taxpayer dollars. OHSU research is … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.
- Simple steps to maximize heart health
- Women’s health: 9 tips for better eye care
- A better way to document patient end-of-life treatment wishes
- Skin care event brings together researchers, registry participants
- Your health questions answered: Managing stress and seasonal allergies
- eye fan on Women’s health: 9 tips for better eye care
- Lauren on Women’s health: 9 tips for better eye care
- Michelle Brashear on A better way to document patient end-of-life treatment wishes
- Dayton Nuri on 10 things we love about OHSU nurses
- Maggie McDonnell on Breaking new ground in global health for girls and women