As federal budgets tighten, scientists are finding creative new ways to advocate for research funding. Earlier this year, National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins asked researchers to tweet about how sequestration was impacting their laboratories using the hashtag #NIHSequesterImpact. In July, the Association of American Medical Colleges launched its Research Means Hope campaign, which leverages the social media site Tumblr to raise public awareness about important health discoveries funded by taxpayer dollars. OHSU research is … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.
- Five facts about frostbite
- A big step for our tiniest patients: Oregon, Portland have nation’s lowest premature birth rates
- Dr. Sanjiv Kaul first in Oregon to receive prestigious national cardiology award
- The evolving human: Will our kids be another species?
- Go Green with OHSU: Join the EcoChallenge
- Anita Magar on A healing duo: Meet Hunter and Belinda
- Brandon Lesowske on Go Green with OHSU: Join the EcoChallenge
- Chloe on Three Common Misconceptions about Melanoma
- Katie Price on Paying it forward on the Casey Outreach Van
- Kathy Hanavan on Thank you to OHSU’s “Godmother of Midwifery”