More than 48,000 cancers that occur on a patient’s head or in their throats and mouths are diagnosed in the U.S. every year. Understanding the underlying causes of these cancers, as well as ensuring they are caught early, drives Neil Gross, M.D., to organize free screenings at the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute that draw hundreds of people each year. He shared insights into what he’s learned after holding the screenings, now in their seventh year, and helping … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.Read more
- Register for the Portland Metro HeartMap Challenge
- National Nurse Practitioner Week is November 9-14
- Melanoma event to spotlight latest research and survivor stories
- Don’t be scared by Halloween treats!
- OHSU Recognized as 2014 LGBT Healthcare Equality Leader
- Block Island Organics on Melanoma event to spotlight latest research and survivor stories
- Emma on Celebrating National Nurse-Midwifery Week
- Penni Harmon on Celebrating National Nurse-Midwifery Week
- rahel on OHSU physicians abroad: Improving women’s quality of life in Ethiopia
- Tim, RN BSN on OHSU physicians abroad: Improving women’s quality of life in Ethiopia