More than 48,000 cancers that occur on a patient’s head or in their throats and mouths are diagnosed in the U.S. every year. Understanding the underlying causes of these cancers, as well as ensuring they are caught early, drives Neil Gross, M.D., to organize free screenings at the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute that draw hundreds of people each year. He shared insights into what he’s learned after holding the screenings, now in their seventh year, and helping … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.Read more
- Your health questions answered: Managing stress and seasonal allergies
- Breaking new ground in global health for girls and women
- 10 things we love about OHSU nurses
- Research Week: Three Questions for OHSU’s Evan Lind, Ph.D.
- A glimpse of Heartopia at the Heart & Stroke Walk
- Dena Hassouneh on 10 things we love about OHSU nurses
- Jan Marthaler on One dinner party. Three transplants. Six lives changed.
- Mark Kemball on OHSU Nursing student shows off-the-clock heroism
- David Larson on Student perspective: OHSU School of Dentistry
- Jessica Columbo on Your health questions answered: What can I do about high cholesterol?