Written by Gary T. Chiodo, D.M.D., F.A.C.D. Community water fluoridation has been named by the Centers for Disease Control as one of the top 10 public health measures of all time. Now, Portland has the opportunity to join with other major cities and provide fluoridated water to its residents. Currently, 74 percent of Americans are connected to fluoridated water systems and, with the advent of fluoridation in Portland, that percentage will increase. With 65 years … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.Read more
- Hard work pays off for local OHSU research intern
- OHSU physicians abroad: Improving women’s quality of life in Ethiopia
- New women’s health research addresses pain with intimacy
- How to: Healthy summer barbecues and potlucks
- How important is early detection in testicular cancer?
- Jennifer Smith on OHSU physicians abroad: Improving women’s quality of life in Ethiopia
- Kate on How to: Healthy summer barbecues and potlucks
- Kathi Jones on A Mother’s Day Thank You
- Joie Faulk on How to: Healthy summer barbecues and potlucks
- Jim on Pioneering in-home stroke care