Written by Gary T. Chiodo, D.M.D., F.A.C.D. Community water fluoridation has been named by the Centers for Disease Control as one of the top 10 public health measures of all time. Now, Portland has the opportunity to join with other major cities and provide fluoridated water to its residents. Currently, 74 percent of Americans are connected to fluoridated water systems and, with the advent of fluoridation in Portland, that percentage will increase. With 65 years … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.Read more
- What happens when a clinic goes “pharma-free”?
- No Appointment Necessary: New Richmond Walk-In Clinic
- Graduation Season: Students Tell All
- What do you want from your health care?
- The Skinny on Gluten-Free Diets
- Kathleen on No Appointment Necessary: New Richmond Walk-In Clinic
- Dean Sanders on The Skinny on Gluten-Free Diets
- Laura on I never imagined I would be diagnosed with cancer at age 23
- Stroke Foundation on Telestroke patient benefits from effort to extend the window for stroke treatment
- Datil843 on How to quit smoking in 2013