Established in 2002, OHSU’s Oregon Rural Practice-based Research Network (ORPRN) works to improve the health of rural populations in Oregon. Along with a diverse group of communities and practitioners, ORPRN conducts and promotes health research from throughout the state. Recently, one of its case studies garnered national attention. Led by family physician, David Evans, M. D., at Madras Medical Group, the study evaluated whether the influence of pharmaceutical representatives and clinic inventories of prescription medications might increase costs and … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.Read more
- How head and neck cancer screenings can save lives
- Put some “Spring” in your step
- Ask the Health Expert: When are statins effective?
- Eight-year-old pneumonia patient recovers close to home thanks to telemedicine
- Celebrating doctors everywhere
- Jessica Columbo on Ask the Health Expert: When are statins effective?
- Michael Coleman on Eight-year-old pneumonia patient recovers close to home thanks to telemedicine
- Ann Westland on Ask the Health Expert: When are statins effective?
- Rhiannon on Improving your health, one bite at a time
- Deepak on 3 simple swaps to promote heart health