I was gifted a profound insight this past October. Over an outstanding muffaletta sandwich, shared with a very recent MD program grad in a New Orleans park, I had a chance to see the impact of OHSU’s teaching at work in a community vastly different from the Pacific Northwest. Hearing my lunch colleague discuss the role of the southern diet on child and adult health, and the measures he was taking to change this through a school … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.
- Simple steps to maximize heart health
- Women’s health: 9 tips for better eye care
- A better way to document patient end-of-life treatment wishes
- Skin care event brings together researchers, registry participants
- Your health questions answered: Managing stress and seasonal allergies
- eye fan on Women’s health: 9 tips for better eye care
- Lauren on Women’s health: 9 tips for better eye care
- Michelle Brashear on A better way to document patient end-of-life treatment wishes
- Dayton Nuri on 10 things we love about OHSU nurses
- Maggie McDonnell on Breaking new ground in global health for girls and women