As federal budgets tighten, scientists are finding creative new ways to advocate for research funding. Earlier this year, National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins asked researchers to tweet about how sequestration was impacting their laboratories using the hashtag #NIHSequesterImpact. In July, the Association of American Medical Colleges launched its Research Means Hope campaign, which leverages the social media site Tumblr to raise public awareness about important health discoveries funded by taxpayer dollars. OHSU research is … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.
- Who’s the snow boss?
- A performance to remember
- Giving the gift of human experience
- OHSU Partners: Clinical Integration in Action
- Small town collaborations, big health dividends
- Nicole on Who’s the snow boss?
- dana braner on Who’s the snow boss?
- Nancy D. Christie on Giving the gift of human experience
- Tim Herrick on Small town collaborations, big health dividends
- Edina on Moving forward: A message from OHSU President, Joe Robertson