Recently, comedienne Roseanne Barr announced that she has macular degeneration and glaucoma, and is losing her vision. Unfortunately, this is an all too common occurrence. A recent study by Prevent Blindness America showed that women are at higher risk than men for most eye diseases that cause vision loss, including glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, and diabetic eye disease, among others. Of the 20.6 million Americans 18 and older who experienced vision loss in 2014, … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.
- Eat your veggies (and fruit!)
- Help decide what’s next for OHSU’s free sunscreen program
- Get Your Rear In Gear with #TeamOHSU
- Knight Cancer Institute researcher fights cancer with world-class athletes
- Celebrating survivorship at OHSU
- Bob on Get Your Rear In Gear with #TeamOHSU
- Paul on OHSU announces NCAA basketball team
- Nicole on Who’s the snow boss?
- dana braner on Who’s the snow boss?
- Nancy D. Christie on Giving the gift of human experience