Written by Jackie Wirz, Ph.D. Recent appearances by a large glowing ball of yellow in the sky have prompted me to get a new bottle of sunscreen. An undisclosed number of years ago, I studied the structural mechanics of DNA repair enzymes. If there is one thing I learned from my research findings it is that sunscreen is a very, very good thing. (Note: here at OHSU, the Lloyd-McCullough lab researches many different aspects of … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.Read more
- Thank you, Oregon.
- A tribal gathering: Strengthening partnerships with Native communities
- Are you prepared to save a life?
- 3 simple swaps to promote heart health
- Stories that matter.
- Jessica Columbo on Are you prepared to save a life?
- Peggy on Are you prepared to save a life?
- Jessica Columbo on Love yourself. Love your heart.
- Jessica Columbo on Picking the Best Diet for the New Year
- Tim RN on Picking the Best Diet for the New Year