Millions of Americans suffer from type 2 diabetes, many of whom need help with weight loss. Bariatric surgery may be appropriate for those with traditional severe obesity, but is surgery the best option for patients who struggle with type 2 diabetes and less severe weight issues? Two recent papers and an editorial in the JAMA addressed the emerging topic, and the results were very encouraging. Nearly all of research participants who underwent gastric bypass saw clinical improvement, if … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.
- Collaboration gives distant patients access to specialized cancer treatment
- Advice for Billy
- Ask an expert, see a photo tribute, raise awareness at ‘War on Skin Cancer’ event
- OHSU announces NCAA basketball team
- This so-called adult life: Managing ACHD
- Paul on OHSU announces NCAA basketball team
- Nicole on Who’s the snow boss?
- dana braner on Who’s the snow boss?
- Nancy D. Christie on Giving the gift of human experience
- Tim Herrick on Small town collaborations, big health dividends