By Hormozd Borzorgchami, M.D. Just a few days after a stroke left Emil Evans paralyzed from the tip of his right toe to the tip of his right finger, he was back raking leaves in the yard of his McMinnville home. The OHSU Telemedicine Network played a vital role in his remarkable rebound by bringing the best stroke treatment expertise to his bedside minutes after he arrived at Willamette Valley Medical Center. Evans was struck … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.
- Eat your veggies (and fruit!)
- Help decide what’s next for OHSU’s free sunscreen program
- Get Your Rear In Gear with #TeamOHSU
- Knight Cancer Institute researcher fights cancer with world-class athletes
- Celebrating survivorship at OHSU
- Bob on Get Your Rear In Gear with #TeamOHSU
- Paul on OHSU announces NCAA basketball team
- Nicole on Who’s the snow boss?
- dana braner on Who’s the snow boss?
- Nancy D. Christie on Giving the gift of human experience