The Knight Cardiovascular Institute recently hosted a patient forum for over 60 patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM), a genetic heart condition. At the event attendees heard from experts about the latest treatments, lifestyle recommendations and research for HCM. They also heard from Jake Hansel, a senior at Camas High School recently diagnosed with apical hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Jake’s senior project focuses on raising awareness of the disease and support for HCM research. Below, Jake shares his story. My … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.
- Eat your veggies (and fruit!)
- Help decide what’s next for OHSU’s free sunscreen program
- Get Your Rear In Gear with #TeamOHSU
- Knight Cancer Institute researcher fights cancer with world-class athletes
- Celebrating survivorship at OHSU
- Bob on Get Your Rear In Gear with #TeamOHSU
- Paul on OHSU announces NCAA basketball team
- Nicole on Who’s the snow boss?
- dana braner on Who’s the snow boss?
- Nancy D. Christie on Giving the gift of human experience