Written by Gary T. Chiodo, D.M.D., F.A.C.D. Community water fluoridation has been named by the Centers for Disease Control as one of the top 10 public health measures of all time. Now, Portland has the opportunity to join with other major cities and provide fluoridated water to its residents. Currently, 74 percent of Americans are connected to fluoridated water systems and, with the advent of fluoridation in Portland, that percentage will increase. With 65 years … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.Read more
- Tackling childhood obesity in rural Oregon
- The magic bullet for heart health?
- Student perspective: OHSU School of Dentistry
- 6 easy tips for fueling during a run
- Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week
- Penny on Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week
- Stephanie Gillispie on Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week
- keith on The promise of gene therapy for inherited eye disease
- adam on GET FIT trial leads to improved health, better habits for one patient
- Dennis Crawford on Getting started: 4 simple steps for beginning runners