Written by Deborah Eldredge, Ph.D., R.N. On Thursday, August 23, the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANNC) awarded OHSU Magnet Recognition for Nursing Excellence. The designation is no small achievement. It is only awarded to hospitals that meet the highest standards of patient care. In fact, only about 6 percent of hospitals across the country achieve Magnet status. In order to earn the Magnet designation, some 2,200 nurses throughout OHSU completed several important steps to demonstrate … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.
- The Tragedy in Roseburg
- A healing duo: Meet Hunter and Belinda
- Paying it forward on the Casey Outreach Van
- Three Common Misconceptions about Melanoma
- Intel & OHSU Announce Collaborative Cancer Cloud at Intel Developer Forum
- Chloe on Three Common Misconceptions about Melanoma
- Katie Price on Paying it forward on the Casey Outreach Van
- Kathy Hanavan on Thank you to OHSU’s “Godmother of Midwifery”
- Jessica Columbo on Simple steps to maximize heart health
- M. Susan Dean on Simple steps to maximize heart health