By John McConnell, Ph.D. Figuring out a way to control the growth in health care costs is one of the most critical challenges facing our generation. Health care costs are at the core of the long term debt questions for the federal government and recent budget shortfalls here in our own state. As a health economist, this is both daunting and exciting – and I think OHSU can play a significant role in finding answers. … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.
- Simple steps to maximize heart health
- Women’s health: 9 tips for better eye care
- A better way to document patient end-of-life treatment wishes
- Skin care event brings together researchers, registry participants
- Your health questions answered: Managing stress and seasonal allergies
- eye fan on Women’s health: 9 tips for better eye care
- Lauren on Women’s health: 9 tips for better eye care
- Michelle Brashear on A better way to document patient end-of-life treatment wishes
- Dayton Nuri on 10 things we love about OHSU nurses
- Maggie McDonnell on Breaking new ground in global health for girls and women