By John McConnell, Ph.D. Figuring out a way to control the growth in health care costs is one of the most critical challenges facing our generation. Health care costs are at the core of the long term debt questions for the federal government and recent budget shortfalls here in our own state. As a health economist, this is both daunting and exciting – and I think OHSU can play a significant role in finding answers. … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.
- Go Green with OHSU: Join the EcoChallenge
- The Tragedy in Roseburg
- A healing duo: Meet Hunter and Belinda
- Paying it forward on the Casey Outreach Van
- Three Common Misconceptions about Melanoma
- Brandon Lesowske on Go Green with OHSU: Join the EcoChallenge
- Chloe on Three Common Misconceptions about Melanoma
- Katie Price on Paying it forward on the Casey Outreach Van
- Kathy Hanavan on Thank you to OHSU’s “Godmother of Midwifery”
- Jessica Columbo on Simple steps to maximize heart health