By John McConnell, Ph.D. Figuring out a way to control the growth in health care costs is one of the most critical challenges facing our generation. Health care costs are at the core of the long term debt questions for the federal government and recent budget shortfalls here in our own state. As a health economist, this is both daunting and exciting – and I think OHSU can play a significant role in finding answers. … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.
- Eat your veggies (and fruit!)
- Help decide what’s next for OHSU’s free sunscreen program
- Get Your Rear In Gear with #TeamOHSU
- Knight Cancer Institute researcher fights cancer with world-class athletes
- Celebrating survivorship at OHSU
- Bob on Get Your Rear In Gear with #TeamOHSU
- Paul on OHSU announces NCAA basketball team
- Nicole on Who’s the snow boss?
- dana braner on Who’s the snow boss?
- Nancy D. Christie on Giving the gift of human experience