By Maileen Hamto, Communications Manager for the Center for Diversity & Inclusion Congratulations to OHSU research intern Denise Aquino, a senior at Molalla High School, who was recently recognized as Oregon’s 2013 Migrant Student of the Year for her scholastic achievements while overcoming family hardship. The combination of excellent academic performance, leadership in school activities and community service propelled Denise above hundreds of students throughout the state. An aspiring ophthalmologist, Denise is poised to become the first woman in … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.
- Collaboration gives distant patients access to specialized cancer treatment
- Advice for Billy
- Ask an expert, see a photo tribute, raise awareness at ‘War on Skin Cancer’ event
- OHSU announces NCAA basketball team
- This so-called adult life: Managing ACHD
- Paul on OHSU announces NCAA basketball team
- Nicole on Who’s the snow boss?
- dana braner on Who’s the snow boss?
- Nancy D. Christie on Giving the gift of human experience
- Tim Herrick on Small town collaborations, big health dividends