By Tracy Severson, R.D., L.D. Summer is finally upon us here in Portland, and for many of us, that means firing up the grill. Grilling is a great way to prepare meals—no added fat, the kitchen stays nice and cool, plus the smoky flavor of grilled foods can’t be beat. However, cooking meats at high temperatures (mainly grilling, broiling, and pan-frying) can form carcinogens called heterocyclic amines (HCAs) and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs). HCAs form … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.Read more
- Thank you, Oregon.
- A tribal gathering: Strengthening partnerships with Native communities
- Are you prepared to save a life?
- 3 simple swaps to promote heart health
- Stories that matter.
- Jessica Columbo on Are you prepared to save a life?
- Peggy on Are you prepared to save a life?
- Jessica Columbo on Love yourself. Love your heart.
- Jessica Columbo on Picking the Best Diet for the New Year
- Tim RN on Picking the Best Diet for the New Year