by Jone Sampson, M.D. I admire Angelina Jolie for sharing her very personal medical information with the public. Her story, shared in the New York Times yesterday, highlights the importance of being aware of a hereditary cancer predisposition, the value of genetic testing, the information gained from testing, and the options for managing the increased cancer risks associated with having a BRCA1 mutation. As Director of Clinical Cancer Genetics at the Knight Cancer Institute, I work closely … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.Read more
- Ask the Health Expert: When are statins effective?
- Eight-year-old pneumonia patient recovers close to home thanks to telemedicine
- Celebrating doctors everywhere
- Enjoy the taste of eating right
- Reflections on Match Day
- Rhiannon on Improving your health, one bite at a time
- Deepak on 3 simple swaps to promote heart health
- Jessica Columbo on Are you prepared to save a life?
- Peggy on Are you prepared to save a life?
- Jessica Columbo on Love yourself. Love your heart.