Millions of Americans suffer from type 2 diabetes, many of whom need help with weight loss. Bariatric surgery may be appropriate for those with traditional severe obesity, but is surgery the best option for patients who struggle with type 2 diabetes and less severe weight issues? Two recent papers and an editorial in the JAMA addressed the emerging topic, and the results were very encouraging. Nearly all of research participants who underwent gastric bypass saw clinical improvement, if … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.Read more
- Ask the Health Expert: When are statins effective?
- Eight-year-old pneumonia patient recovers close to home thanks to telemedicine
- Celebrating doctors everywhere
- Enjoy the taste of eating right
- Reflections on Match Day
- Rhiannon on Improving your health, one bite at a time
- Deepak on 3 simple swaps to promote heart health
- Jessica Columbo on Are you prepared to save a life?
- Peggy on Are you prepared to save a life?
- Jessica Columbo on Love yourself. Love your heart.