OHSU is proud to recognize two outstanding individuals in the School of Nursing who have made significant contributions to to their health care communities. Congratulations to the 2013 American Academy of Nursing Fellows, Dr. Susan Bakewall-Sachs and Dr. Gary Laustsen. Dr. Susan Bakewell-Sachs, Ph.D., R.N., P.N.P.-B.C. is the newly appointed dean of the OHSU School of Nursing and has played an active role in the transformation of nursing education. Before joining OHSU, Dr. Bakewell-Sachs served … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.
- Simple steps to maximize heart health
- Women’s health: 9 tips for better eye care
- A better way to document patient end-of-life treatment wishes
- Skin care event brings together researchers, registry participants
- Your health questions answered: Managing stress and seasonal allergies
- eye fan on Women’s health: 9 tips for better eye care
- Lauren on Women’s health: 9 tips for better eye care
- Michelle Brashear on A better way to document patient end-of-life treatment wishes
- Dayton Nuri on 10 things we love about OHSU nurses
- Maggie McDonnell on Breaking new ground in global health for girls and women